20g dried porcini mushrooms
300g hot water
1 leek, trimmed and cut into pieces
20g extra virgin olive oil
200g pearl barley
60g verjuice (or white wine)
3 teaspoons vegetable stock concentrate
250g portobello mushrooms, sliced
40g butter, extra
120g fresh curd cheese, to serve
extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Place dried porcini mushrooms into a heat-proof bowl and fill with hot water. Leave for 5-10 minutes to rehydrate. (Put aside the mushrooms and reserve 1 cup or 250g of the porcini stock.)
- Place leek into TM bowl and chop for 2 seconds/speed 6. Scrape down bowl.
- Add olive oil and butter and sauté for 3 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
- Insert butterfly. Add barley and verjuice and sauté for a further 2 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/soft speed.
- Add water, 3 teaspoons of vegetable stock concentrate and 1 cup of the reserved porcini stock. Cook for 30 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/soft speed.
- Add the porcini mushrooms to the TM bowl and cook for a further 5 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/soft speed.
- While the risotto is cooking, heat a pan over medium-high heat, add the extra butter and sliced mushrooms and cook until caramelised. Place half the mushrooms into ThermoServer and top with the cooked risotto. Stir and set aside until ready to plate up.
- To serve, place risotto into individual bowls, top with some of the caramelised mushrooms, a tablespoon of fresh curd cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.