Monday, 6 August 2012

Parsley Pesto

The other day I wanted to make some pesto which I was going to drizzle over a pizza I was making but as usual, the local supermarket was clean out of fresh basil. The shelves, however, were well stocked with parsley so I thought I'd experiment and make a fresh parsley pesto instead. The flavour was incredible and worked really well on my pizza, but would be equally as good stirred through some freshly cooked pasta or drizzled over scrambled eggs for breakfast.



Ingredients:

60g parmesan cheese, cubed
1 clove garlic
50g sunflower seeds, toasted
1 cup firmly packed parsley leaves
80g olive oil
sea salt and pepper
extra olive oil

Method:
  1. Place parmesan cheese and garlic into TM bowl and mill for 8 seconds/speed 8.
  2. Add toasted sunflower seeds into TM bowl and grind for 5 seconds/speed 7.
  3. Add parsley, olive oil and salt and pepper to TM bowl and with dial set to closed lid position, pulse Turbo button 3-4 times until you have a smooth paste.
  4. Spoon into a clean, airtight container and seal with a film of olive oil.



1 comment:

  1. Just was put on to your blog, and you have some fab recipes here. I'm sugar free and mostly gluten free, but you have some great meals for me to try in my thermie. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete