Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Spiced Pear Paste

While pears and cheap and plentiful, try making this Spiced Pear Paste to use as an alternative to Quince Paste. It's absolutely perfect for a cheese platter or used as a spread on sandwiches with cold meats.


Ingredients:
3-4 ripe pears peeled and cored (you will need 500g of pear flesh)
Juice of 1 lemon
500g jam setting sugar
pinch ground cloves
pinch ground cinnamon

Method:

  1. Place pears into TM bowl and puree for 20 seconds/speed 9. Scrape down bowl.
  2. Add lemon juice, sugar and spices to the TM bowl and cook for 15 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2 MC off.
  3. Pour into sterilised jars and set aside overnight at room temperature to allow mixture to set firmly.








3 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline, I love this blog! I have this cooking away right now, and for dinner I made your thai chang mai beef noodles, which were delicious. I even rustled up your baby food veg risotto for my nearly four year old twins who adored it. I used chicken stock instead of water, and didn't puree the veggies quite so finely, and it was a massive hit. I'm looking forward to seeing your ciabatta recipe. Thanks for a wonderful and inspiring blog. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline, Ive only stumbled upon your website today and I am really excited to try your recipes!
    For the above recipe, could you please tell me, is the jam setting sugar just like "jamsetter" that you can buy from the supermarket. Is it also 500g or 50g?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - yes jamsetter is perfect and although it sounds like a lot, it is 500g of the sugar (use the same weight of sugar as fruit.) C

      Delete