150g pancetta (or bacon), chopped
400g tin diced tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
sea salt and cracked black pepper
50g parmesan cheese, cubed
1 onion, peeled and halved
25g olive oil
350g aborio rice
100g white wine
1100g chicken stock
flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped for garnish
- Place bacon into TM bowl and saute for 3 minutes/varoma/reverse + soft speed MC off.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, chilli, oil, oregano, salt and pepper and simmer for 15 minutes/100 degrees/reverse + soft speed.
- Set aside and keep warm. Wash and dry TM bowl.
- Place parmesan cheese into TM bowl and grate for 10 seconds/speed 9. Set aside.
- Place onion into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds/speed 6. Scrape down bowl.
- Add oil and butter and and saute for 5 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1 MC off.
- Insert Butterfly. Add rice and wine and saute for 2 minutes/100 degrees/reverse + soft speed.
- Add stock and cook for 16 minutes/100 degrees/reverse + soft speed.
- Pour into Thermoserver and stir through parmesan cheese and half the arrabbiata sauce and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, place into serving bowl and spoon the remaining sauce over the top and garnish with chopped parsley.