This hearty soup is perfect on a cold winter's day - it lifts the spirits, comforts and warms. Studies have shown that leeks, which have similar nutritional benefits as onions and garlic, can improve the immune system, lower cholesterol levels and fight cancer.
2 leeks, (white part only) washed and roughly cut
1 onion, peeled and halved
30g olive oil
300g potatoes, peeled and cubed
700g chicken stock
sea salt and cracked black pepper, for seasoning
thickened cream, for serving
- Place leeks and onion into TM bowl and chop for 4 seconds/speed 6. Scrape down and repeat if necessary.
- Add the oil and saute for 7 minutes/varoma/speed 1 MC off.
- Place the potatoes into the TM bowl and saute for a further 2 minutes/varoma/speed 1 MC off.
- Add the chicken stock and cook for 15 minutes/varoma/speed 1.
- Blend soup for 20 seconds by carefully turning dial up to speed 9.
- Place into bowls, drizzle with cream and season well with salt and pepper. Serve with your favourite crusty bread.