120g lukewarm water
1 tablespoon olive oil
olive oil, extra
bunch silverbeet (6 stalks), stem removed and finely shredded
500g cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
300g sour cream
sea salt, to season
olive oil, for drizzling
Method for Filo Pastry:
- Place all ingredients (except for extra olive oil) into TM bowl and mix for 5 seconds/speed 6. With dial set to closed lid position, knead the dough for 5 minutes/interval speed - the dough will be smooth and pliable.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into two balls. Roll each ball out into a disc approximately 1cm thick and brush with the extra olive oil. Cover and rest for 40 minutes.
|Dough ready for resting|
Method for Filling:
- Place all the filling ingredients into a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place a clean sheet or tablecloth onto your work surface and lightly dust with flour.
- Place one of the discs in the centre of the sheet, and using your fingertips, slowly stretch the dough to form a very thin rectangle measuring 60cm x 90cm. Take care not to tear holes in the dough.
- Drizzle the dough with olive oil.
- Place a row of filling on each of the longer edges of the dough.
- Using the sheet, bring the edge of the dough up over the filling and roll it halfway across the dough. Repeat on the other side. You will now have two long sausage-shaped rolls side-by-side.
- Wrap the roll around itself to form a scroll. Carefully lift the scroll into a well-oiled baking tray.
- Repeat with second disc. You will now have two scrolls side by side in the baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and place into the oven for 40 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a garden salad.
|(3) Dough is now stretched|
|(5) Filling has been placed|
|(6) Pita being rolled|
|(7) Rolled into a scroll|
|Cooked and ready to eat!|