You either love 'em or hate 'em. I personally love them, and amazingly so do the kids! Mushrooms are full of protein, vitamins and minerals, amino acids and antioxidants which can help to reduce high cholesterol, diabetes and increase immunity. Here's my take on mushroom soup.
10g dried porcini mushrooms
1 red onion, peeled and halved
2 cloves garlic, peeled
20g olive oil
600g mixed mushrooms (eg portabello, swiss brown, oyster)
small handful fresh thyme, leaves picked
1 tablespoon stock concentrate
sea salt and cracked black pepper
small handful of flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and roughly chopped
2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- Place dried porcini mushrooms into TM bowl and grind for 10 seconds/speed 8. Set aside.
- Place onion and garlic to TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds/speed 4. Scrape down bowl.
- Add olive oil and saute for 4 minutes/varoma/speed 1.
- Place mushrooms into TM bowl and chop for 5-10 seconds/speed 4. Use spatula to assist if required.
- Add butter and saute for 4 minutes/varoma/speed 1.
- Add ground porcini mushrooms, thyme, water, stock concentrate, cornflour and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
- Add parsley and mascarpone cheese and blend for 20 seconds by slowly turning dial to speed 9.
- To serve, place in bowls and top with a slice of toasted sourdough, some fried mushrooms, a sprinkling of chopped parsley, a dollop of mascarpone and a drizzle of olive oil.