Lemon tart is always a nice way to finish off a meal, and the addition of lime in this tart adds a little extra zing...
300g plain flour
30g icing sugar
150g butter, chopped
1 egg yolk
2-3 tablespoons iced water
140g caster sugar
300ml thickened cream
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
120g lemon and lime juice (2 lemons and 1 lime)
For the pastry:
- Place the flour, icing sugar and butter into the TM bowl and mix for 10 seconds/speed 6, or until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Set dial to closed lid position and add egg yolk and water. Knead for 30 seconds/interval speed, or until the dough just comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and form into a ball. Flatten into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the pastry out to 3mm thick and place into a lightly greased 24cm loose-bottomed flan tin. Trim the excess pastry, prick the base with a fork and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- Line the pastry case with non-stick baking paper and fill with baking weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and weights and bake for a further 10 minutes or until light and golden. Allow to cool. Reduce oven to 170 degrees.
For the filling:
- Place all the ingredients into TM bowl and mix for 10 seconds/speed 6. Stand 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pastry case and bake for 25-30 minutes or until just set. Cool and refrigerate until set.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with vanilla bean ice cream.