260g plain flour
145g butter, chopped
1 egg yolk
2-3 tablespoons iced water
- Place the flour and butter into the TM bowl and mix for 10 seconds/speed 6, or until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Set dial to closed lid position and add egg yolk and water. Knead for 30 seconds/interval speed, or until the dough just comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and form into a ball. Flatten into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the pastry out to 3mm thick and place into a lightly greased pie dish or tart tin. Trim the excess pastry, prick the base with a fork and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line the pastry case with non-stick baking paper and fill with baking weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and weights and bake for a further 10 minutes or until light and golden. Allow to cool.
- Reduce the oven to 170 degrees.
100g parmesan cheese, cubed
200g ham, roughly chopped
small handful parsley
100g chedder cheese, cubed
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place parmesan cheese into TM bowl and grate for 5 seconds/speed 8. Set aside.
- Place cheddar cheese and parsley into TM bowl and grate for 5 seconds/speed 5. Set aside.
- Place ham into TM bowl and chop 5 seconds/speed 5. Set aside
- Place cream, 3 of the eggs, dijon mustard, salt and pepper and mix for 15 seconds/speed 3.
- Sprinkle the tart shell with the chopped ham followed by the cheese and parsley mixture.
- Pour the cream and egg mixture over the filling in the tart shell and carefully crack the remaining two eggs on top, keeping the yolks whole.
- Sprinkle over the parmesan cheese and bake for 40 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm or cold with a simple green salad.