30g caster sugar
330g warm milk
1 sachet dry yeast
1 teaspoon sea salt
80g butter, softened
650g plain flour
1 egg extra, lightly beaten
raw sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Place sugar, warm milk, yeast, salt, butter, flour and egg into TM bowl and mix for 10 seconds/speed7.
- Set dial to closed lid position and knead for 3 minutes/interval speed.
- Remove dough and shape into a loaf. Place into a non-stick loaf pan and cover with a clean damp tea towl. Leave to prove in a warm position for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Brush the loaf with the egg wash and sprinkle with some raw sugar.
- Place the loaf into the oven and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove brioche from the pan and place onto a rack to cool.