210g hazelnuts, shelled
20g plain flour
280g dark chocolate
200g caster sugar
180g butter, softened
icing sugar, for dusting
whipped cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Spread hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast for 8 minutes or until lightly toasted, shaking halfway through. Allow to cool and remove skins.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180 degrees.
- Grease a 20cm springform tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper.
- Place chocolate into the TM bowl and grate for 5 seconds/speed 8. Set aside.
- Place hazelnuts into TM bowl with flour and mill for 6 seconds/speed 6. Add to chocolate.
- Place remaining ingredients (except for icing sugar and cream) into TM bowl and mix for 20 seconds/speed 7.
- Add chocolate and hazelnuts and continue to mix for 30 seconds/speed 6.
- Pour mixture into tin and bake for approximately 1 hour or until set.
- Remove the cake and allow to cool a little. Place cake on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar.
- To serve, slice into wedges and spoon over whipped cream.